Wellington Rover Tour
- Varighet: 8 Timer (ca.)
- Produktkode: PCWLRV
Follow in the Footsteps of Hobbits, Dwarfs, Elves and Men. The tour cover a lot of ground on the tour, but there is enough time to explore; recreate scenes for yourself and work out how the movies were made. Due to our small group size we are the specialist in getting you amongst the action whilst enjoying a personal experience. The scenery of Wellington mirrors that of Middle Earth.
- Take a short trip to Miramar, the home of the Wellington film industry.
- You can watch a behind the scenes documentary that details the history of the Weta company, from its origins through to present day, and enjoy the “Windows into Workshop” tour.
- Lunch is included in the price of your tour.
- Starting at the Hutt River, see where the Fellowship voyaged down the Great River Anduin towards Amon Hen.
- The Gardens of Isengard where Gandalf sought advice from Saruman the White about the Ring before Saruman’s orc army destroy the gardens.
- You also see the quarry used to film Helm’s Deep and Minas Tirith before being dropped off back in town.
- Tour departs between 8.30am ~ 9.00am from City accommodation
- Tour returns between 4.30 ~ 5.00pm
- Film locations are off road across unsealed, sloping paths
- Not suitable for wheelchairs, walkers or people of limited mobility
- Only 1 free participant with each paying adult
All cancellations must be made in writing and acknowledged by us.
When confirmed reservations are cancelled within the following time periods, cancellation charges will apply:
- 30-15 days prior to travel – 25% of tour price
- 15-7 days prior to travel – 50% of tour price
- 7-0 days prior to travel or no show – 100% of tour price